Easy Questions (1 point each)
(1) Who built the ark? Noah.
(2) What Psalm includes the line “The Lord is my Shepherd”? Psalm 23.
(3) Name the three patriarchs (the three ancestors of the nation of Israel that are mentioned in Genesis). Abram/Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob/Israel.
(4) On what day did God rest in the Genesis creation account? The seventh.
(5) What book contains the following, “And Jesus came and said to them, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age'”? Matthew.
(6) Name three of the gospels. You need three of: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
(7) What book tells the history of the early church? Acts.
(8) Who was king during the building of the first temple in Israel? Solomon.
(9) Who was the first king of Israel? Saul.
(10) What apostle betrayed Jesus? Judas.
(11) On what road does the risen Jesus appear to Saul? The Damascus Road.
Medium Questions (2 points each)
(1) What does Proverbs teach is the beginning of wisdom? The fear of the Lord.
(2) What book tells the story of a prophet marrying and being faithful to a prostitute? Hosea.
(3) What OT prophet says, “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant…I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more”? Jeremiah.
(4) What book says, “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus?” Galatians.
(5) Name four different letters found in the New Testament (only one per author). You should have mentioned four of the following letters (categorized by author as you can only list one per author): (1) Paul: any of his letters: Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, or Philemon; (2) Anonymous: Hebrews; (3) James: James; (4) Peter: 1 Peter or 2 Peter; (5) John: 1 John, 2 John, or 3 John; (6) Jude: Jude.
(6) What book includes the line, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of His glory”? Isaiah.
(7) In what two books do the Ten Commandments appear? Exodus and Deuteronomy.
(8) What Old Testament book includes the command, “Love your neighbor as yourself”? Leviticus.
(9) What Psalm is Jesus quoting when he says, “my God, my God, why have you forsaken me”? Psalm 22.
(10) What New Testament book says, “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy”? 1 Peter.
Hard Questions (3 points each)
(1) Name the prophet that said: “Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore”? Isaiah or Micah.
(2) What biblical book mentions an event that gives rise to the phrase, “the writing is on the wall”? Daniel.
(3) Name ten of the Minor Prophets (the books that come after Daniel). You need ten of the following: Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi.